When Starkey Ranch was developed in Odessa, Florida, its exceptional planning, design and branding set the mixed-use master planned community up for great success. It made such an impression that over 500 families soon called Starkey Ranch home. To build on this momentum and better communicate Starkey Ranch’s emergence as a fully activated community, a brand refresh was commissioned to update the pre-launch look & feel and evolve the brand message. The result was record-breaking levels of traffic and sales year over year.
- 2,500 acre mixed-use development
- 800 acres of parks and preserve
- 20 miles of trails
- 5 home builders
- 2,500 residential units (upon completion)
- 384 multifamily units (upon completion)
- 26-acre business park
- 75,000 sf town center, including 45,000 sf Publix
Best Master Planned Community Best Overall Advertising Campaign
Best Consumer Promotion Best Special Event
Best Overall Marketing Campaign Best Special Event
Top-Selling Master-Planned Communities
- To communicate the progression and success of Starkey Ranch into a vibrant, active community beautifully integrated with its natural environment
- To target “active family” buyers in nearby older planned communities seeking a better home and more appealing lifestyle
- To fully leverage the beautiful community land plan and design and its very happy residents to attract visitors and generate sales
Walker Brands conducted market research and data analysis to learn more about Starkey Ranch, its evolution, what residents valued most, and where and how to best target and convert prospective new residents. We then leveraged these insights to evolve the brand strategy and media plan, create and launch new campaigns, update critical brand assets and marketing materials, train staff, and promote new community events with the objective of increasing traffic and sales over each prior year.
- Market research
- Data analysis
- Brand strategy
- Media planning & buying
- Creative campaign development
- Print, digital, social and outdoor advertising
- Website, collateral and email design updates
- Community video production
- Community event promotion
- Measurement and reporting
- Ongoing account management and oversight
The evolution of the Starkey Ranch brand has been an incredible success. Marketing and advertising have generated record home sales with significant year-over-year increases in all major KPIs and sales volumes exceeding the client’s stretch goals. The community enjoys a 10% YOY increase in home sales, and more than 5,500 prospect registrations and 150,000 website users annually. Starkey Ranch ranks as the top-selling master planned community in Tampa Bay three years running, and ranks within the top 20 nationally.
I want to commend you for what we’ve been able to accomplish together. A brand refresh. A newly designed website with fresh content. A wildly successful summer promotion. A homebuyer survey. A better Welcome Center experience for guests. Strong concepts and media direction for the coming year. We appreciate working with a firm that has only A-team players. The creative work is compelling (and I’m a tough critic). Everyone is organized, smart and proactive. In summary – Starkey Ranch is in good agency hands.