Wiregrass Ranch is fast becoming one of the largest regional developments on Florida’s West Coast. Led by a ranching family, it enjoyed early success with the launch of strong anchor assets – a regional shopping mall, hospital, state college, health center, and a Walmart Supercenter. Because of the size and scale of its individual anchors, each opened under its own brand at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel, making the location quickly known. At 10 years old and with more development underway, the community lacked an authentic and distinctive umbrella brand and story. Walker recommended transitioning Wiregrass from a location to a destination in order to increase the value of the brand, generate awareness and achieve higher premiums. The resulting positioning established Wiregrass Ranch as an exceptional community centered around family with quality health care, education and recreation services born out of a legacy with a promise for generations to come.
- 5,000+ acre master planned community
- 6 distinct neighborhoods
- 7 builders
- 2,000+ single-family homes and townhomes
- 250,000+ sf of office space
- 850,000 sf regional shopping mall
- 98,000 sf sports campus
- Full-service, 148-bed community hospital
- 85,000 sf multi-specialty medical campus
- 16,000 sf of medical office space
- 27,500 sf behavioral health center
- 280,000 additional retail space
- 93,000 sf senior living facility
- 394 multifamily units
- 128 room planned hotel
- K-12 schools
Awards of Excellence
Excel Awards – Best Website
- Transform the public’s perception of Wiregrass Ranch from a location to a destination community, improve their understanding of the project vision, increase business and resident connection, engagement, and collaboration, and ultimately establish the elements of consistency and connectivity needed to establish a strong sense of place for the community’s various mix of uses
Walker completed a Brand Strategy to define the developer’s vision, build community awareness and further support the existing community partners – and those to come – under one central message and identity. The positioning “City Inspired, Small Town Spirit, Ranching Soul” retained the sensibility of the agricultural and farming heritage, while paving the way for the future planning and density that will evolve the community into the heartbeat of Wesley Chapel.
Supporting identity and brand communications were also created, including a branded kit of parts to be used across signage, advertising and digital communications as the community continues to grow and take shape.
- Evolved brand positioning
- Logo design and standards
- Brand and marketing planning
- Media planning
- Advertising creative
- Full website
- Social media
Walker’s evolved brand program and advertising campaign continues to build awareness and inquiries for the entire master planned community. Website traffic in 2020 alone is up 8,000%, social media impressions and engagement are trending upward, and SEM efforts meet or outperform industry averages.
Nancy and her team were very thoughtful and deliberate in their analysis of Wiregrass Ranch – the family, and the history of the ranch and its future direction – in developing a brand strategy and marketing approach. They were committed to understanding the entire project before making any suggestions and providing their insights. The Walker team worked collaboratively to develop an inspired vision that we needed to focus our purpose. Walker is highly creative and understands the unique, emotional connections that great branding can make and provide.